Monday, June 6, 2011

America's Trade Defecit is Obvious to Nine Year-Old

My nine year-old son Nicholas is off of school so he is hanging out with me at the office this morning. He just said something pretty insightful. I was showing him the kind of work I do and was taking him through a report that I had written for a client of my market research business (Rational Strategy Consulting). One of the questions asked about what factors we use when we buy our vehicles. He said what he thought was important (first thing he said was fuel economy) and then I went through some other factors people mentioned. He asked me what I thought and I told him I think it is very important to have a domestically produced vehicle because it helps Americans have jobs. He said, "Yeah, a lot of stuff comes from China. Like all of my toys. Everytime I have a toy I flip it over and it says made in China. So I guess that means they are getting all the jobs." Couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment